pokemon go soft ban
pokemon go soft ban Solution
pokemon go soft ban how long
As we all know, usage of GPS spoofing tools (and possibly driving in a car) can earn you a timed soft ban from Pokémon Go, penalties include:
- Inability to catch any pokémon, as they will break out and run guaranteed
- Pokéstops become unusable
- Gyms cannot be challenged (Battling or Training)
Before I did my research, all that was truly known was the bans last up to a few hours before expiring and normal play resumes. I did some tests to determine when a ban will be applied and it’s severity. Here are some results:
- Driving at 45 mph for 1 hour earned no ban
- Driving at 65 mph for 1 hour earned no ban
I can’t speak for higher speeds, but a consistent speed of up to 65 for an hour was tested and no bans were earned. Even though I was not banned, be wary!
GPS Spoofing: This data was acquired using a dummy account
- ~500 ft. No Ban
- ~1000 ft. No Ban
- ~2000 ft. No Ban
- ~1 Mi. First inconsistent ban (Didn’t earn a ban everytime) Lasted between 5 and 10 minutes.
- ~2 Mi. First consistent bans (Earned everytime) Lasted between 5 and 30 minutes.
- ~5 Mi.+ Ban Earned This ban duration seems more inconsistent. Traveling 10 Mi. earned me a 20 min. ban and a jump of ~800 Mi. only earned me ~15 min. ban.
You can also be flagged as spoofing if you constantly jump short distances at extreme speed, which is why I tested car movement.
TL; DR distance does not seem to correlate to severity of punishment received. Larger distance does not always mean a larger ban but it does tend to be that way more often than not.
Disabling GPS when in one place and re-enabling it at a distant location without allowing ample time for plausible travel could register you as “spoofing”. You could earn a ban this way! Also using the same account with multiple devices that are large distances apart will also earn you a ban.
I am not completely finished, and will continue to post updates and refinements as I learn.
Drop your experiences, questions, hypotheses, and discoveries to help me compile data.
THIS INFO MAY BE RENDERED OBSOLETE BY PATCHES AND UPDATES
Edit #1: Formatting
Edit #2: Updated car conclusion and consistency
Edit #3: Updated findings and added TL; DR
Source : reddit