Rumors about Generation 2 Pokemon and the elusive Ditto have circulated since the first week of Pokemon GO. But for the first time, we actually have new information on both!
v0.45.0 brought new code to the APK that revealed new features soon to come. The Silph Road has audited the APK to see what could be learned. After a preliminary look through the v0.45 APK’s code, we can confirm the following:
1. ONE NEW MOVE HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE GAME:
- It is a quick move (as opposed to a charge/special move).
TRANSFORMnow appears both in the GAME_MASTER file with its own animation sequence (as all moves have) and the APK code itself, as the only new move addition yet since the game launched.
2. 100 NEW POKEMON ARE NOW REFERENCED IN THE GAME’S CODE
- Pokedex #152 (Chikorita) to #251 (Celebi)
- Moveset data has not appeared for the 100 new species, and a client-side update (e.g. v0.45.1) will be required for them to begin appearing in-game