First things first: Take note that I AM NOT the one who discovered the formula on how to calculate the max CP and max HP of each Pokemon in Pokemon:Go. It’s CpMultiplier that should get all the credit for discovering the CP/HP formula for Pokemon: Go.
How did they discovered this formula you ask?
I don’t know if they are also responsible in data-mining the application but whoever it is, then I give my thanks to him/her. So yeah, someone had datamined Pokemon: Go and found out some interesting info about the game. You can check out the datamine here later.
Note: This is not the only info that was revealed in the data. There are lots of information available on it and the most notable ones are:
- Attack cooldowns and crit chance for every move in the game
- Movesets for every Pokémon
- Capture rate and flee rate for every Pokémon
- Max trainer level appears to be 40
- Power ups upgrade half of a “level”
- Moving with incense greatly increases spawn rate
- Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, and Mew don’t have a capture rate (but Ditto does)
- Abra has the highest flee rate
- Venasaur, Charizard, Blastoise, and Dragonite have the lowest capture rates
- Additional berries may be present in the game
So what will you be seeing here?
My job is just to use the formula, calculate the max CP/HP of each Pokemon, and bring it in a readable table form which you can see below.
Note: Also, I will be making a readable version of the moves per Pokemon in the game and the
CP = (BaseAtk + IndAtk) * (BaseDef + IndDef)^0.5 * (BaseSta + IndSta)^0.5 * (ECpM)^2 / 10
Minimum is 10, and it’s rounded down, just like the HP calculation. ECpM is CpM + ACpM – see here for some more, out-dated info.